Here is the low-down for the New Years virtual 5K (same as the other races I’ve done):
***you can do ANY form of exercise as long as you get in 3.1 miles (5K)…
so bike, hike, ski, elliptical, row, walk, ski, whatever you want to do! JUST DO IT!!
WHAT: The New Years 5K - a virtual race of running, biking, walking, swimming, snowboarding, rowing, elliptically, or whatever you want to do that gets you at least a 5K [3.1 miles], you can do more if you want!
WHEN: New Years Eve &/or New Years Day (December 31st & January 1st)
WHO: Anyone can do it, but only U.S. residents are eligible for the prizes.
WHERE: You choose. It’s a virtual race, so the race is where you want to run it, bike it, swim it, walk it, etc!
WHY: To stay active, even on the Holidays…and for PRIZES of course!!
- you don’t have to sign up or “register” for any of these Holiday races BUT if you could show me your support, be a follower of this blog [click JOIN THIS SITE button on the right sidebar]
- you just have to print off the “bib” [FOUND HERE] and take a picture of yourself either with the bib or actually doing the 5k (again, you can walk, run, bike, swim, elliptical, stair climb it, or whatever!).
- The 5k has to be done on NEW YEARS EVE or NEW YEARS DAY (it’s good for you, I promise!)
- Once you have completed the race, you can blog or facebook about it or just upload the picture to your computer, then LINK it on the Race Finishing Page I’ll post on my blog (link it by 12pm MST on January 2nd) – you can link up the picture & your race report (if you have one!)
- If you don’t have a blog, facebook, or any other internet social page…you can still “finish” the 5K. You just need the picture of you & the bib upload it to your computer or email it to me – DailyVitaminF(at)gmail(dot)com.
If this is a tad confusing, don’t worry, it always makes more sense when you actually do it. Just do the 5k on the holiday or eve, take a picture, blog it, facebook it, pin it, or upload it, then come back to my blog to link it (that is you crossing the finish line!). Super easy, I PROMISE!
BONUS ENTRY: Spread the word about this virtual race; post it on your blog, post it on facebook, pin it on pinterest, or tweet about it with the link to this post (let me know you did in a comment below).
There will only be ONE winner, chosen randomly on January 3rd from all the finishers who link their picture or e-mail it to me, for this NEW YEARS VIRTUAL 5K. The following prizes will go straight to the winner (special thanks to these race sponsors for donating their products – $145+ value):
** Check out their sites, blogs, facebook pages, pinterest & twitter! **
Your choice of compression socks from PRO COMPRESSION:
$30 gift card to Words to Sweat by
Lots of fun fitness related items in this shop – towels, jewelry, shirts, stickers, keychains…lots!
Tee shirt or tank top from Reverence Apparel
Thanks again to these sponsors for giving everyone a little more incentive to stay fit and for making it a little more competitive :) Feel free to put this logo/button on your blog, facebook, or pin it to show that you will be participating and to encourage others to join in the fun!!